Eight Weeks The Best of Southeast Asia
If you want a ‘sampler plate’ of Southeast Asia, then plan on jetting between countries to hit the highlights. Most international airlines fly to Bangkok, a chaotic but fantastic city.
- Fly to Siem Reap to see Angkor’s magnificent temples.
- Bus to Phnom Penh and on to Vietnam’s bustling Ho Chi Minh City.
- Work your way north with a stop in adorable Hoi An and on to Hanoi.
- Air-lift out of Vietnam to laid-back Luang Prabang, Laos’ world heritage city, and then fly to chic Chiang Mai.
- Return to Bangkok by overnight train and work your way south to
- Ko Tao to learn how to dive before hitting the beachy hot spots on
- Thailand’s Andaman coast : Phuket, Ko Phi-Phi and Krabi.
- Fly from polished Phuket to Penang and overland to Malaysia’s multiethnic capital Kuala Lumpur.
- Catch a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta and soak up the culture in Yogyakarta and then
- bus to Gunung Bromo, an active volcano .
- Leapfrog to blessed Bali for sun, fun and culture.
- Then catch a cheap flight to sophisticated Singapore, which has air connections to everywhere else.
Source: Lonely Planet. Lonely Planet Southeast Asia